Refugees, 29 December 1943
According to the historian Josep Calvet, who has researched the event and who specialises in the refugees passing through the Pyrenees fleeing the war and the consequences they faced, this collection provides practically the only visual testimony we have today.
Jacques Léonard travelled through Spain searching for locations for a film by Abel Gance about Christopher Columbus that fell through due to World War II. It was probably during that time that he worked on the report in Malaga and other Spanish cities, forming part of the network of collaborators who helped the refugees to leave the country.
- 15 original copies (12 x 18 cm) with partition and 38 x 38 cm frames
- 5 unframed original copies (8.5 x 6 cm)
- 5 current copies (30 x 30 cm) with partition and 38 x 38 cm frames
- 4 portraits of Jacques Léonard
- Rolleiflex Camera from 1958
No photo captions included. Introductory text and text from the historian Josep Calvet in digital format.